Friday, May 9, 2014

It's Been Kind of a Rough Week

Sunday night I didn't sleep much because I was worried about Cayenne's surgery the next morning.  Monday morning I was up early, since Cayenne had to be at the vet by 8 am.  I didn't nap during the day but tried to keep busy, and to stay near the phone, in case the vet called.

Monday night I didn't sleep much.  I was worried about Cayenne and wanted to keep an eye on her.  I think I drifted off about midnight and she woke me up about 3:30 am, jumping back up onto the couch after peeing on the floor.  I got up then and offered her some food and was up the rest of the night. 

Tuesday my new couch was supposed to be delivered.  Only I didn't know what time.  They'd said they'd call an hour before they got here.  In preparation, I moved my coffee table, the two drawer filing cabinet that doubles as an end table, and everything else that would be in the way.  I pulled my old couch out from the wall so I could vacuum behind it before the new one arrived.

Also on Tuesday, I did two loads of laundry.  And it was a bad laundry day for me.  I moved my first load from the washing machine to the dryer, put my quarters in the dryer and pushed the little slide thing that pushes the quarters in - and it got stuck.  Wouldn't slide back out, I lost my quarters and had to move my clothes to the other dryer. 

Normally, Isaac takes clothes out of the dryer for me.  I don't like having him take wet clothes out, though, because he often drops items on the floor.  I don't mind so much my clean, but dry, clothing falling on the laundry room floor, as long as the floor looks relatively clean.  Wet clothes, though, are more likely to pick up little hairs and other bits of dirt and I really don't like those being on the floor.  So I got the wet clothes out and transferred them to the other dryer myself.

Then, when it was time to get the clothes out of the dryer, I discovered that the maintenance guy had just mopped the laundry room floor.  The floor was all wet.  Well, I certainly didn't want Isaac dropping my clean, dry clothes on the really wet floor, so I had to get the clothes out myself again.  Bending over enough to get two loads of clothes out of the dryer might not seem like a big deal, but it is for me.  I was tired and my back was sore.

And then, my couch didn't even arrive.  The company from which I'd bought it screwed up.  So I had to push the old couch back against the wall, since I didn't want it left in the middle of the floor indefinitely.  And I'm glad I did, because today I was told the couch probably won't be arriving until next Wednesday.  But anyway, between moving furniture and doing laundry and not getting much sleep, yesterday I crashed.

Wednesday night, I was in a lot of pain.  More pain than I've had in a little while.  I was in less pain when I got up yesterday but I was exhausted.  I slept most of the day.  I would wake up, take Isaac outside, get something to eat or drink, and lie back down on the couch.  I slept most of the day and was still ready for bed but 10:00 last night.

This morning I woke up feeling a lot better, though still low on energy.  I slept most of the morning, then got up, showered, ran a couple errands and had lunch with a friend.  This afternoon I got a little writing done.  My house is a mess, though, I have more laundry that needs done, and I'm exhausted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment